Member Fee: $165
Non-Member Fee: $265
Speaker: Susan Costonis, Compliance Consulting and Training for Financial Institutions
Banks have been complying with the Mortgage Loan Originator rules since 2014 and examiners are looking for compliance with the annual training requirements. How will you prove that the training has been provided and that it was effective? This webinar outlines the required steps in EACH portion of the mortgage “life cycle”.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Reg B requirements for the life of the loan; how to take and process an application. This will include the proper collection of monitoring information.
- What is a “completed” application? What is a pre-approval request? What is a pre-qualification?
- S.A.F.E. Act requirements.
- What disclosures are required within 3 business days after receiving a completed application?
- Review of the “Ability to Repay” documentation requirements.
- Review of Reg B requirements for appraisal copies.
- Flood Rules, notices, escrow requirements & exemptions, “detached structure” rules on residential property, calculation examples and common problems.
- Private Flood Insurance Policy requirements.
- FCRA issues – risk-based pricing notice to Home Loan Applicant.
- Review of HMDA data collection issues for loan applications in 2020.
- Review of covered applications subject to the TRID provisions, timing requirements and common problems.
- What rescission rules must be followed? When do they apply? What RESPA rules still apply?
- What are the appropriate notifications for denied loans? How should approved, not accepted and withdrawn loan applications be documented?
- BONUS – Participants will receive a 10-question quiz and an answer key. Passing the quiz will provide documentation of the effectiveness of the training effort.