The Louisiana Bankers Patrick Spencer/FISC Education Foundation exists to promote banking and financial literacy in Louisiana through education initiatives:
- Scholarships to Louisiana high school graduates who are children of a Louisiana banker and who are entering a Louisiana college or university in a banking related field.
- Financial literacy programs in Louisiana elementary and high schools through:
- Banks-at-school in elementary schools
- Banking study guides distributed to high schools
- Louisiana JumpStart Coalition to foster financial education K - 12
The Louisiana Bankers Patrick Spencer/FISC Education Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, giving you the opportunity to contribute, tax-deductible, to financial education in Louisiana in the following ways. All gifts may be designated in honor or memory of a friend, colleague or loved one.
- Gifts of any size to endow the general fund will ensure funding for all financial literacy programs into the future. Many banks and individuals are making multi-year pledges. You can, too, by completing the form linked above and emailing it to email@example.com.
- Specific pledges:
- Pledge $1,000 per year to cover the regional scholarship in your area, to be named for you or your designee. Selection criteria is set by the Louisiana Bankers Patrick Spencer/FISC Education Foundation.
- Pledge $10,000 to endow a scholarship named for you or your designee which would provide a $500 per year scholarship to a school of your choice with your input in some selection criteria components.
- Planned giving bequests, charitable remainder trusts, estate gifts, etc. Consult your attorney, accountant and investment advisor concerning planned giving decisions.
The Louisiana Bankers Patrick Spencer/FISC Education Foundation is governed by an all volunteer board of bankers. For more information, contact Ginger Laurent at 225/214-4824 or firstname.lastname@example.org.