Get Involved with LBEC
There are several ways you can be active with the LBEC. Questions? Looking for more information? Email Ginger Laurent at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work with local elementary schools to open a Bank-at-School and/or offer to talk with students about banking.
- Work with local high schools to present Simply Banking curriculum.
- Encourage fellow bankers who have seniors in high school to have their children complete a LBEC College Freshman Scholarships application.
- Attend Louisiana Bankers Education Council regional meeting in your area. The purpose of the meeting is to network with fellow bankers and learn how Louisiana Bankers Education Council can help you get involved in your community and your industry. To make sure you receive information about the regional meetings, email email@example.com to be added to the mailing list.
- Attend the LBEC-sponsored LBA Leadership School, which is made up of five days of instruction taught every other month at the LBA office and online management assignments in between classes. Go to LBA's Education Calendar for information on this year's program.
- Work with your fellow bankers to raise tax deductible contributions for the Louisiana Bankers Patrick Spencer/FISC Education Foundation—the Louisiana Bankers Education Council is responsible for raising money for the Louisiana Bankers Education Foundation which funds the annual scholarships and the elementary and high school education programs.